- This event has passed.
IGF 2020 High-Level Closing Session
November 17 @ 8:00 AM - 8:20 PM CET
The High-Level Wrap-Up will take the form of an interactive dialogue among high-level leaders from different stakeholder groups, including from governments, private sector, civil society and technical communities from different regions.
Closing Keynote by United Nations Secretary-General Mr. António Guterres
Moderator: Mr. Jonathan Charles, former BBC anchor of Hard Talk, now Director of Communication at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
The Internet: what’s now and what’s next? Is the Internet ready for COVID-19 recovery?
- H.E. Mr. Marek Zagórski, Secretary of State at the Chancellery of the Prime Minister, Poland
- H.E. Ms. Maria Del Pilar Garrido, Minister of National Planning and Economic Policy, Costa Rica
- H.E. Dr. Ahmedin Ahmed, State Minister of Innovation and Technology, Ethiopia
- H.E. Mr. Maxim Parshin, Deputy Minister of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media, Russian Federation
- Mr. Krzysztof Szubert, Republic of Poland Plenipotentiary for UN IGF 2021
- Ms. Vera Songwe, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Secretary of the Economic Commission for Africa
- Ms. Anriette Esterhuysen, IGF Multistakeholder Advisory Group (MAG) Chair
How can we cooperate more effectively in the digital world to enable us to better face global challenges and opportunities in the next decade?
- H.E. Mr. Toomas Hendrik Ilves, Former President of Estonia
- Mr. Fabrizio Hochschild, Under-Secretary-General, Special Adviser on Preparations for 75th UN Anniversary
- Mr. Vint Cerf, Chief Internet Evangelist, Google
- Mr. Goran Marby, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), CEO and President
- Ms. Vallarie Yiega, Youth Representative, Kenya
- Mr. Mats Granryd, Director General of GSMA
Closing remarks by Mr. Liu Zhenmin, Under-Secretary-General for Economic and Social Affairs